QuiltNotes Learning Center
Recently I signed up for my FREE 30 day trial of Annie’s Creative Studio. This is a subscription program to view exclusive videos and tutorials on a variety of categories. This article is my review of Annie’s Creative Studio subscription service. I will start describing what’s available by going through the Creative Studio main menu.
My Creative Studio
Under this tab you can manage your subscription.
- My Watchlist – stores a link to everything you’ve added to your watchlist. As you discover new programs and episodes you can add them to this list to quickly find them when you want to watch.
- My Favorites – stores a link to everything you added as a favorite.
- My Patterns – stores a link to all the patterns you have added. I use this to store patterns I have downloaded.
- Manage Membership – Here is where you have all your profile and transaction information. Cancel or renew memberships here.
Think of Programs just like your televising programs or series. Each of the 6 programs focuses on a particular subject or segment of crafting.
This program is about ideas and projects to bring creativity into your daily life. Think about home decorating ideas or ways to use your creativity inside and around your home and life.
Knit and Crochet Now!
This is Annies actual TV show featured on PBS. Patterns are included and each episode teaches both crochet and knitting projects.
Learn, Make, Create!
This program includes episodes in crochet, knitting, quilting and sewing. Each episode gives instruction on how to make a project (patterns are included) or how to master a technique.
Products We Love
This program showcases handy and time-saving tools in all crafts.
Quick Stitches and Tips
Short video tutorials and tips for all crafts including crochet, knitting, quilting, sewing, cross-stitch, beading and more.
Quilters Skill Builders
Quilt-A-Longs that include patterns and instructions for building essential skills quilters can use on any project.
Published once each week on Sunday, this program guide is emailed to you. It includes information on the new episodes available for the week. It also recaps episodes from the previous week.
This is my favorite section. There are tons of written and illustrated instructions or videos on basic and advanced techniques. Listed below are the categories in this section and a few example topics for each.
- Crochet – basic stitches, beyond basic, increasing and decreasing
- Knitting – cast on, knit, purl, increase, decrease
- Sewing – thread, machine feet, fabric guide
- Beading – materials, tutorials
- Cross Stitch – basic stitches, beyond basic, ribbon embroidery
- Plastic Canvas – basic stitches, beyond basic, slanted Gobelin
Talk about going down a rabbit hole! You might be overwhelmed by the amount of information in this section but don’t be. If something interests you, add it to your Favorites or your Watchlist.
Wow! You want some patterns? Well here you go. Browse through the more than 300 (as of now) patterns for download. The patterns can be sorted by Knit, Crochet, Quilting or Sewing. For now, I downloaded the Rapid Ripple Dishcloth crochet pattern and the Patchwork Pincushions pattern.
Once a month there is a giveaway of great craft products. Check out the products for the month. Enter for a chance to win. This is open to subscribers and non-subscribers.
Meet the Experts
In this section you can read about the instructors and see which patterns and episodes they contributed.
Click on this section for answers to your questions about Annie’s Creative Studio.
I Recommend Annie’s Creative Studio
I’m enjoying my free 30-day trial of Annie’s Creative Studio. There is a variety of subjects. I focus mainly on quilting and crochet, however, I do like looking at the knitting projects and tutorials as well. In the evenings, I find myself working on projects that use my hands more than the machine so crocheting and knitting are good projects to work on.
- The patterns include clear, color illustrations, supply list and skill level designations. The instructions are well written and easy to understand.
- I have always faltered each time I’ve tried to knit socks. So I looked up a knitting project for socks. I watched the episode, Snuggly Slipper Boots, and now I understand how to stitch those elusive heels! Very well done in my opinion.
- Some instructions are written, not video. These are well done with color illustrations. Easy to follow and understand.
Having the opportunity to take a full 30 days to “test drive” Annie’s Creative Studio is amazing. So If you are even slightly interested, it’s definitely worth your time to check it out. After the 30 days are over the subscription fee is $7.99 per month. That is way less than a yard of quality quilting fabric and less than a typical quilt pattern priced at $10 or more. With 5 new episodes each week and 4 weeks per month that’s about 40 cents per episode.
I will be renewing my subscription to Annie’s Creative Studio because there is so much information on there. I buy a lot of quilt patterns. If I download just one pattern per month, that more than pays for the monthly fee. I recommend Annie’s Creative Studio but don’t take my work for it. Take advantage of this free trial and see for yourself.
Article – Recommended Quilting Supplies